Juniper Cloud Fundamentals
Course OverviewThe three-day Juniper Cloud Fundamentals course focuses on cloud enabled networks, cloud service deployment concepts, and virtualized network platforms such as vSRX and vMX. This course will provide a high level overview and understanding of the following concepts: cloud network underlays, overlays, cloud design, cloud implementation methods, cloud services, and how Juniper Networks virtualized platforms can be used in those environments.
Target AudienceThis course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS in a cloud environment.
- Student will be able to describe network overlay and underlay concepts
- Student will be able to describe private, public, and hybrid cloud architecture and implementation
- Student will be able to describe the implementation of services in a cloud networking environment
- Student will be able to describe the implementation and functions of the Juniper vSRX platform
- Student will be able to describe the implementation and functions of the Juniper vMX platform
- Student will be able to describe the implementation and functions of the Juniper NFX platform
- Student will be able to describe the role of Juniper Networks virtualized platforms in public cloud offerings (AWS/Azure)
- Student will be able to describe the functionality and use of Juniper
- Explain the need for SDN
- Explain the main SDN concepts
- Describe common types of SDN
- Explain why the NFV architecture was created
- Describe the main NFV components
- Give examples of Virtualized Network Functions
- Describe how orchestration and automation tools enable cloud networking
- Explain the differences between SDN and Automation and Orchestration
- Describe the functions and roles of cloud networking components
- Describe the need for monitoring cloud services and performance
- Describe how AppFormix provides visibility into cloud services and enables smart networks
- Describe SDN WAN concepts
- The role, functions, and features of the NorthStar controller
- Describe the role, functions, and features of WANDL/MPLS View
- Describe the role and functions of the NFX platform as a vCPE
- Describe the role and functions of CSO in an SD-WAN environment
- Describe Software Defined Secure Network concepts
- Identify security risks in an SDN environment
- Describe methods to secure an SDN environment
Day 1Chapter 1: Introduction Chapter 2: Cloud Components.
- Cloud Definition
- Cloud Architectures
- Juniper vSRX Platform
- Juniper vMX Platform
- Juniper NFX Platform
- Juniper virtual platforms in public cloud architecture
- Lab 1: Deploying virtual Junos devices.
- The need for SDN
- SDN Explained
- OpenFlow based SDN
- SDN as an Overlay
- SDN via API
- Applications of SDN
Day 2Chapter 5: Implementation of Network Function Virtualization.
- Introduction to NFV
- NFV Architecture
- Example of VNFs
- Lab 2: Performing VNF deployment in a cloud environment.
- Managing a cloud infrastructure - Orchestration and Virtualization
- Openstack for Orchestration
- NSX for SDN
- Contrail/OpenContrail SDN Controller
- The need for cloud services monitoring
- AppFormix for cloud service monitoring and optimization
- Lab 3: Performing cloud analysis and monitoring with AppFormix.
Day 3Chapter 8: Implementation of SDN WAN solutions.
- SDN WAN overview
- SDN WAN components - NorthStar
- SDN WAN components - WANDL/MPLS VIEW
- Lab 4: Performing traffic modeling with WANDL/MPLS View. Traffic modeling with WANDL/MPLS View.
- Virtual CPE overview
- Hybrid WAN Models
- NFX as a vCPE
- Contrail CSO for managing vCPEs in an SD-WAN environment
- Lab 5: Performing vCPE Deployment using CSO.
- Legacy Network Security
- Cloud Security Concepts
- SDSN Concepts
- SDSN Components - Policy Enforcer, Security Director, SkyATP
Currently Scheduled Classes