Course OverviewIn this course, you will learn the fundamentals of using FortiManager for the centralized network administration of many FortiGate devices. In interactive labs, you will explore deployment strategies, which include single or multiple ADOMs, device registration, policy packages, shared objects, installing configuration changes, provisioning FortiManager as a local FortiGuard distribution server, and troubleshooting the features that are critical to day-to-day use after you deploy FortiManager. This course is part of preparation for the NSE 5 certification exam. Both FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer Analyst are required in order to test for and achieve the NSE 5 certification.
Target AudienceThis course is intended for anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of many FortiGate devices via the FortiManager platform.
Course ObjectivesAfter completing these modules, you will be able to:
- Describe the key features and capabilities of FortiManager
- Understand FortiManager API and meta fields
- Deploy administrative domains (ADOMs) to support multiple customers on a single FortiManager
- Restrict concurrent ADOM access by using workspaces and workflow mode
- Use provisioning templates for device-level changes across many devices
- Identify the synchronization states and manage the revision history of managed devices
- Manage firewall policies across multiple FortiGate devices using policy packages with shared and dynamic objects
- Deploy policies and objects from the global ADOM to multiple ADOMs
- Understand the Fortinet Security Fabric with FortiManager
- Describe high-availability (HA), backup, and recovery options for FortiManager
- Manage the firmware of supported devices centrally
- Offer a local FortiGuard distribution server to your Fortinet devices
- Diagnose and troubleshoot import and installation issues
Course OutlineModule1 - Introduction and Initial Configuration Module2 - Administration and Management Module3 - Device Registration Module4 - Device Level Configuration and Installation Module5 - Policy and Objects Module6 - Global ADOM and Central Management Module7 - Diagnostics and Troubleshooting Module8 - Advanced Configuration Knowledge of firewalling concepts in an IPv4 network. Familiarity with all topics in FortiGate Security and FortiGate Infrastructure. Basic understanding of network management systems. You must have a computer with:
- High-speed Internet connection
- Up-to-date web browser
- PDF viewer
- Speakers / headphones
- Either: HTML 5 support or Up-to-date Java runtime environment (JRE) with Java plugin enabled in your web browser
- Wired Ethernet connection (not Wi-Fi) recommended. Firewalls including Windows Firewall or FortiClient must allow connections with the online labs.
Currently Scheduled Classes