The JNCIA DevOps certification is designed for networking professionals with introductory knowledge of automation tools and best practices. The exam for the JNCIA DevOps certification verifies your understanding of DevOps and automation concepts as pertaining to Juniper devices and solutions.
This list provides a general view of the skill set required to successfully complete the specified certification exam. The objectives are subject to change prior to the exam’s release.
Junos Automation Stack and DevOps Concepts
Identify concepts and general features of Junos automation and DevOps.
- Automation tools
- Automation frameworks
- Automation APIs
- DevOps culture, practices, and tools
Identify concepts and general functionality of XML, the XML API, XPath, or NETCONF.
- XML concepts and syntax
- XPath concepts and syntax
- NETCONF concepts
- XML API concepts and syntax
Identify the concepts, benefits, or operation of data serialization.
Identify the use of Ansible for automating Junos tasks.
Python or PyEZ
- Architecture and capabilities
- Juniper Junos Ansible modules (modifying configurations, operations commands, software updates, and more)
- Basic inventory files
Identify Python or Junos PyEZ tools for automating Junos.
- Syntax and concepts
- Remote Procedure Calls (RPCs)
- PyEZ exception handling
- Device status and configuration handling
Identify the concepts, benefits, or operation of the Junos REST API.
- Configuring the Junos REST API
- Using the REST API Explorer
- Using curl to access the REST API
No Prerequisite Certifications