- Duration: 1 days
- Price: $325.00
- Test Level: 200
This course is taught using Microsoft Office 2016, which covers versions 2013 and 2016, as well as the interface with Office 365.
From the earliest eras of human existence, visual images have been used to represent knowledge, data, and information. Beginning with the Paleolithic cave paintings and continuing to today’s most complex computer networks, these images leverage the ability of the human brain to rapidly perceive patterns and trends from visual representations.
In today’s workplace, visual diagrams are an essential part of communication, from road maps to sales flows to process charts. Visio provides you with an intuitive, customizable tool to easily create a professional-looking visual product by using its extensive gallery of shapes. By following the exercises in this course, you will create visually engaging diagrams, maps, and drawings, using graphical elements to make information easier to comprehend.
This course is designed for persons who are new to Visio and who will be using Microsoft Visio to create basic workflows and perform end-to-end flowcharting.
In this course, you will design, modify, and manage basic diagrams. You will:
- Identify the basic elements of Visio and their use.
- Create a workflow diagram.
- Create an organization chart.
- Make a floor plan.
- Create a cross-functional flowchart.
- Create a network diagram.
- Style a diagram.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Visio
- Navigate the Visio Environment
- Use Backstage Commands
- Save a File
Lesson 2: Creating a Workflow Diagram
- Use Drawing Components
- Modify a Drawing
- Callouts and Groups
Lesson 3: Creating an Organization Chart
- Create a Basic Organization Chart
- Modify an Organization Chart
Lesson 4: Making a Floor Plan
- Make a Basic Floor Plan
- Model a Room Layout
Lesson 5: Creating a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Create a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Format a Cross-Functional Flowchart
Lesson 6: Creating a Network Diagram
- Network Diagrams
- Use Shape Data
- Use Layers
Lesson 7: Styling a Diagram
- Shape and Connector Styles
- Themes and Variants
- Use Containers
To ensure your success, you will need to be familiar with using personal computers and have used a mouse and keyboard. You should be comfortable in the Windows 8/8.1/10 environment and proficient in using Windows to access programs, navigate to information stored on the computer, and manage files and folders.
- If this is your first Microsoft Office course, send an email to email@example.com to request the Windows 10 pretest to ensure that you will be able to navigate successfully the Windows 10 environment.
- Students should have experience with Microsoft PowerPoint prior to taking Microsoft Visio.
Click below to see more class dates with course versions
See More Dates