Using Microsoft Windows 10
- Duration: 1 days
- Price: $225.00
- Test Level: 100
Whether you are new to computers or have used them in the past, this class will help you become more comfortable using a personal computer (PC) and, more specifically, the Windows 10 interface. This course will help you to define what a PC is and familiarize you with the Windows 10 user interface and its basic capabilities. In this course, you will explore Windows 10 and learn how to create documents, send e-mail, browse the Internet, and share information between applications and with other users.
This course is intended for end users who are familiar with computers and who need to use the features and functionality of the Windows 10 operating system for personal and/or professional reasons.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to perform basic work-related tasks on a PC running the Windows 10 operating system. You will:
- Access Windows 10.
- Use Windows apps and desktop applications to complete day-to-day tasks, including installing new apps and multitasking with multiple programs.
- Work with files and folders by using File Explorer and OneDrive.*Use Cortana as your virtual personal assistant and use Edge for web browsing.
- Customize the Windows 10 environment.
- Install and remove printers and peripheral devices.
- Use Windows 10 security features to create more secure passwords and protect your device against common attacks.
Lesson 1: Accessing Windows 10
- Get Started with Windows 10
- Navigate the Windows 10 Desktop
- Use the Start Menu
Lesson 2: Using Windows Universal Apps and Desktop Applications
- Use Desktop Applications
- Use Windows Universal Apps
- Multitask with Open Apps
- Install Apps from the Windows Store
Lesson 3: Working with Files and Folders
- Manage Files and Folders with File Explorer
- Store and Share Files with OneDrive
Lesson 4: Using Cortana and Edge
- Get to Know Cortana
- Use Cortana as a Personal Assistant
- Browse the Web with Edge
Lesson 5: Customizing the Windows 10 Environment
- Customize the Start Menu
- Customize the Desktop and Lock Screen
Lesson 6: Installing and Removing Devices
- Manage Printers
- Manage Peripheral Devices
Lesson 7: Using Windows 10 Security Features
- Manage Passwords and Privacy Levels
- Use Windows Defender
Appendix A: Getting to Know Personal Computers
- Identify Components of a PC
Appendix B: Other Windows 10 Features
- Use File History
- Repair Your System
Appendix C: Continuum Navigation
Appendix D: Get Started App
This course is intended for computer users who want to use the basic tools and features of Windows 10. Previous exposure to personal computers, desktop applications, and the Internet is strongly encouraged.
Click below to see more class dates with course versions
See More Dates