Updating Your Skills to SQL Server 2016
- Duration: 3 days
- Price: $1,557.00
- Test Level: 300
- Certifications: MCSA SQL Server 2016
- Exams: SQL Server 2016 Upgrade
This three-day instructor-led course provides students moving from earlier releases of SQL Server with an introduction to the new features in SQL Server 2016.
The primary audience for this course are existing database professionals with experience of SQL Server 2012/2014 who want to update their skills to SQL Server 2016. Additionally this course is for existing SQL Server 2012/2014 MCSAs who want to prepare for the Upgrade exam for SQL Server 2016 certification.
After completing this course, the successful student will be able to:
- Describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2016
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server performance
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server security
- Describe what’s new in SQL Server Availability and Scalability
- Describe new and enhanced features in reporting and PowerBI in SQL Server 2016
- Describe new and enhanced data access features
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server OLAP
- Describe new SQL Server cloud functionality
Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2016
- Overview of SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server 2016 Editions and Components
- Installing SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server Management Studio Enhancements
- Lab : Exploring SQL Server 2016
Module 2: What’s New in SQL Server Performance
- Operational Analytics
- In-memory OLTP Enhancements
- Query Store
- Live Query Statistics
- Native JSON
- Temporal Tables
- Lab : Implementing SQL Server 2016 Performance Improvements
Module 3: What’s New in SQL Server Security?
- Using Always Encrypted
- Row-level Security
- Dynamic Data Masking
- Lab : Implementing SQL Server 2016 Security Improvements
Module 4: What’s New in SQL Server Availability and Scalability?
- Enhanced AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- What’s New with tempdb?
- Use Windows Server 2016 with SQL Server 2016
- PowerShell 5.0
- Lab : Monitoring tempdb
Module 5: What’s New in SQL Server Reporting and BI
- Reporting Services Enhancements
- PowerBI Enhancements
- Mobile Report Publisher
- Lab : Implementing PowerBI
Module 6: What’s New in SQL Server Data Access?
- What’s new in Integration Services
- Working with SSIS and Azure
- Lab : Exploring the new features of SQL Server Integrated services (SSIS)
Module 7: New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
- New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
- What’s New in SQL Server Analysis Services
- Lab : OLAP with SQL Server
Module 8: What’s New for SQL Server in the Cloud?
- Stretch Database
- Enhanced Backups to Azure
- Introduction to SQL Server 2016 Hybrid Cloud
- What’s New in SQL Server Azure Database
- Lab : Using Stretch Database
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience of building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2014.
- Familiarity with the Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system and networking.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
Click below to see more class dates with course versions
See More Dates