Troubleshooting QFabric Systems
- Duration: 2 days
- Price: $1,595.00
- Test Level: 2
- Certifications: JNCIS-QF
- Exams: JNO-370
This two-day course is designed to provide students with detailed coverage of the QFabric system components, design, and architecture. Students will learn about the tools available for troubleshooting the system and will be provided examples of how those tools are used. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain knowledge of detailed system operations and experience troubleshooting the QFabric system.
This course is intended to prepare individuals for typical troubleshooting issues they would meet in the field. It assumes that the deepest level of system troubleshooting will continue to be provided by the Juniper Networks Technical Assistance Center (JTAC).
This course uses the Juniper Networks QFX3000-M system for the hands-on component. This course is based on the Junos operating system Release 13.2X52-D10.5.
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- Describe the functions of system components.
- List and use available troubleshooting tools.
- Follow a basic troubleshooting approach.
- Describe management interfaces and traffic flow.
- List and describe control plane and data plane connections.
- Describe the system and fabric discovery process.
- Explain the operations of discovery protocols.
- Monitor and troubleshoot internal protocol operations.
- List and describe key processes and services.
- Monitor and troubleshoot processes and services.
- Describe the Layer 2 learning process.
- Explain fabric control protocol operations for Layer 2 routes.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Layer 2 operations.
- Describe the Layer 3 forwarding process.
- Explain fabric control protocol operations for Layer 3 routes.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Layer 3 operations.
- List potential issues with Fibre Channel deployments.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Fibre Channel operations.
Network engineers, technical support personnel, reseller support engineers, and others responsible for for selling, implementing, monitoring, or supporting the QFabric system.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Troubleshooting Essentials
- System Components
- Troubleshooting Tools
- A Troubleshooting Approach
Chapter 3: Connections and Communications
- Management Connections and Communications
- Control Plane Connections and Communications
- Data Plane Connections and Communications
Chapter 4: System Services and Processes
- Overview of Services and Processes
- Master Services
- Managed Services
- Director Group Processes
Chapter 5: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Layer 2 Operations
- Overview of Layer 2 Operations
- Troubleshooting Layer 2 Operations
- Case Study
Chapter 6: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Layer 3 Operations
- Overview of Layer 3 Operations
- Troubleshooting Layer 3 Operations
- Case Study
Chapter 7: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Fibre Channel Operations
- Overview of Fibre Channel Operations
- Troubleshooting Fibre Channel Operations
- Case Study
The prerequisites for this course include:
Intermediate TCP/IP networking knowledge or experience Intermediate Layer 2 switching knowledge or experience Introductory data center technologies knowledge and experience Attendance of the Configuring and Monitoring QFabric Systems (CMQS) course, or equivalent experience.
Click below to see more class dates with course versions
See More Dates