Transition from Employee to Leader
- Duration: 1 days
- Price: $325.00
- Test Level: 100
You have developed skills to be successful in your field. In this course, you will learn the practical skills you need to be an effective leader in your organization.
Leadership enhances the skills employees at all levels need to be truly successful. When you learn practical leadership skills, you will have the ability to motivate, coach, communicate with, and teach employees in such a way that they are more effective in their jobs and, as a result, you become more effective in your job.
Individuals taking this course may be new managers and individual employees seeking to develop or enhance leadership abilities with practical skills.
Upon completion of this course, the successful student will be able to:
- Transition from employee to leader
- Develop and effective team
- Lead a team effectively
- Increase your effectiveness in leading different teams and groups of employees
- Develop a team mission, values statement, and vision to achieve business results
Lesson 1: Transitioning from Individual Contributor to Leader
- Defining leadership
- Identifying your leadership style
- Redefining your role
Lesson 2: Developing an Effective Team
- Building an effective team
- Coaching for performance
- Empowering team members
Lesson 3: Leading a Team Effectively
- Influencing for results
- Leading a team through organizational change
Lesson 4: Leading Different Types of Teams
- Working with different types of teams
- Overcoming communication barriers
- Overcoming issues among team members
Lesson 5: Aligning Your Strategy for Business Results
- Establishing a team mission
- Determining team core values
- Writing a team vision statement
Students enrolling in this course should have experience as an employee.
Experience as an entry-level supervisor is a plus.
Click below to see more class dates with course versions
See More Dates