- Duration 1 days
- Price $519
- Test Level 0
- Certifications N/A
- Exams N/A
Microsoft® SharePoint® Designer 2013 Course Specifications Course Number: 091122 Course Length: 1 day
Microsoft® SharePoint® Designer 2013 provides a code-free environment to access data types and build custom SharePoint applications. It allows rapid development of SharePoint workflows to meet a company's specific needs. Before SharePoint Designer, most custom SharePoint applications were created with Microsoft® Visual Basic®. SharePoint Designer simplifies the process with a no-code interface that can be integrated with Microsoft® Visio® 2013 to easily manipulate workflow shapes. In this course, you will create and publish custom SharePoint workflows without code using SharePoint Designer 2013.
In this course, you will integrate data sources, customize data types, and author workflows in SharePoint Designer 2013 to model structured business processes without code.
- Describe SharePoint Designer 2013 and its features, benefits, and support options.
- Customize and configure content types to ensure data consistency across lists and libraries.
- Access and modify data sources from a SharePoint site.
- Create a workflow with SharePoint Designer 2013 and the SharePoint 2013 Workflow platform.
- Develop workflows in Visio 2013 and SharePoint Designer 2013.
- Package and deploy workflow using SharePoint Designer 2013 and SharePoint Server 2013.
This course is designed for advanced Microsoft SharePoint site owners and administrators who want to integrate data sources, customize content types, and automate common tasks using workflows.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with SharePoint Designer 2013
- Introduction to SharePoint Designer
- Get Help and Support for SharePoint Designer
Lesson 2: Customizing and Implementing Content Types
- Customize Content Types
- Implement Custom Content Types
Lesson 3: Integrating Data Sources Using SharePoint Designer
- Access Data Sources
- Modify a Data Source in Data View
Lesson 4: Creating Workflows with the Workflow Platform
- Implement the Workflow Platform
- Design a Workflow
Lesson 5: Creating Workflows with SharePoint Designer and Visio
- Design Workflows with Visio 2013
- Transfer a Visio Workflow Design to SharePoint Designer
- Publish a Visio Workflow Design Using SharePoint Designer
Lesson 6: Packaging and Deploying Workflows
- Package Workflows
- Deploy Workflow Packages
To ensure your success in this course, you should be a site owner and/or administrator of Microsoft SharePoint 2007, 2010, or 2013. You should have experience with designing and maintaining a SharePoint site. The Microsoft® SharePoint® Foundation 2013: Site Administrator course is helpful, but not required. You can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations course:
- Microsoft® SharePoint® Foundation 2013: Site Owner
Course-specific Technical Requirements
Click below to see more class dates with course versions
See More Dates