- Duration: 1 days
- Price: $325.00
- Test Level: 100
This course is taught using Microsoft Office 2016, which covers versions 2013 and 2016, as well as the interface with Office 365.
Microsoft Publisher is a desktop publishing application capable of producing greeting card, certificates, newsletters, and other printed and electronic publications. Publisher includes a large collection of "building blocks" that may be dragged into your documents, helping you to create page elements such as calendars, newsletter sidebars, and borders. Publisher integrates online sharing and mail merge features, which are handy when you need to send publications to a list of customers, and it is possible to export publications as HTML web pages or PDF documents.
Publisher has a user-friendly interface that simplifies creation and editing of publications.
This course is intended for students who are in or preparing for a variety of job roles, such as publishing specialists, layout specialists, graphic designers, or other knowledge workers who need to use Microsoft Publisher to create, layout, edit, and share publications.
In this course, you will create, format, edit, and share publications.
The successful student will be able to:
- Perform basic tasks in the Microsoft Publisher interface
- Add content to a publication
- Format text and paragraphs in a publication
- Manage text in a publications
- Work with graphics in a publication
- Prepare a publication for printing and sharing
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Publisher
- Navigating the interface
- Customizing the Publisher interface
- Creating a publication
Lesson 2: Adding Content to a Publication
- Adding text to a publication
- Adding pages and picture placeholders to a publication
- Controlling the display of content in text boxes
- Applying building blocks to a publication
Lesson 3: Formatting Text and Paragraphs in a Publication
- Formatting text
- Formatting paragraphs
- Applying schemes
Lesson 4: Managing Text in a Publication
- Editing text in a publication
- Working with tables
- Inserting symbols and special characters
Lesson 5: Working with Graphics in a Publication
- Inserting graphics in a publication
- Customizing the appearance of pictures
Lesson 6: Preparing a Publication for Sharing and Printing
- Checking the design of a publication
- Saving a publication in different formats
- Printing a publication
- Sharing a publication
Appendix: Automating Communication Using Mail Merge
- Creating a Mail Merge
To be successful in this course, student should have experience with basic Microsoft Windows 10 tasks and be comfortable in the Windows 10 environment.
Prior use of other Microsoft Office applications is not required, but will enhance your understanding of the Microsoft Publisher interface and functions.
Students may obtain knowledge and skills for these areas by taking the following one-day courses at DWWTC:
- Using Microsoft Windows 10
- Any of the following Microsoft Office applications, Part 1:
Courses are available at www.DWWTC.com
Click below to see more class dates with course versions
See More Dates