- Duration 5 days
- Price $3,595
- Test Level 200
- Certifications N/A
- Exams 200-105 CCNA
The Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 2 (ICND2) v3.0 course provides entry-level network administrators, network support, and help desk technicians with the knowledge and skills needed to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot a small enterprise network.
ICND2 v3.0 focuses on understanding redundant topologies, troubleshooting common networking issues, configuring EIGRP and multiarea OSPF in both IPv4 and IPv6, understanding WAN technologies, and becoming familiar with device management and Cisco licensing. The learner will encounter more troubleshooting and more lab time than with the previous version of ICND2.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Operate a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches, supporting VLANs, trunking, and spanning tree
- Troubleshoot IP connectivity
- Configure and troubleshoot EIGRP in an IPv4 environment, and configure EIGRP for IPv6
- Configure and troubleshoot OSPF in an IPv4 environment, and configure OSPF for IPv6
- Define characteristics, functions, and components of a WAN
- Describe SNMP, syslog, and NetFlow, and manage Cisco device configurations, Cisco IOS images, and licenses
Target Candidate: Individuals seeking the Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching certification. The course is also appropriate for pre-sales and post-sales network engineers involved in the installation and support of enterprise branch office networks.
Key Job Tasks
- Configure: Implement the identified solution by applying the planned implementation processes using Cisco IOS commands and applications in the correct order to the selected devices and portions of the network.
- Verify: Use the appropriate show and debug commands and applications to ensure that the solution was correctly implemented and is performing as desired.
- Troubleshoot: Use the appropriate show and debug commands and applications to identify the cause of basic-level network issues and correctly implement a solution that ensures that the network is performing as desired.
- Job roles: Entry Level Network Engineer, Network Administrator, Network Support Technician or Help Desk Technician.
Module S: Review
Module 1: Ethernet LANs
- Lesson 1: Implementing Ethernet Virtual LANs
- Lesson 2: Spanning Tree Protocol Concepts
- Lesson 3: Spanning Tree Protocol Implementation
- Lesson 4: LAN Troubleshooting
- Lesson 5: VLAN Trunking Protocol
- Lesson 6: Miscellaneous LAN Topics
Module 2: IPv4 Routing Protocols
- Lesson 7: Understanfing OSPF Concepts
- Lesson 8: Implementing OSPF for IPv4
- Lesson 9: Understanding EIGRP Concepts
- Lesson 10: Implementing EIGRP for IPv4
- Lesson 11: Troubleshooting IPv4 Routing Protocols
- Lesson 12: Implementing External BGP
Module 3: Wide Area Networks
- Lesson 13: Implementing Point-to-Point WANs
- Lesson 14: Private WANs with Ethernet and MPLS
- Lesson 15: Private WANs with Internet VPN
Module 4: IPv4 Services: ACLs and QoS
- Lesson 16: Basic IPv4 Access Control Lists
- Lesson 17: Advanced IPv4 Access Control Lists
- Lesson 18: Quality of Service (QoS)
Module 5: IPv4 Routing and Troubleshooting
- Lesson 19: IPv4 Routing in the LAN
- Lesson 20: Implementing HSRP for First-Hop Routing
- Lesson 21: Troubleshooting IPv4 Routing
Module 6: IPv6
- Lesson 22: IPv6 Routing Operation and Troubleshooting
- Lesson 23: Implementing OSPF for IPv6
- Lesson 24: Implementing EIGRP for IPv6
- Lesson 25: IPv6 Access Control Lists
Module 7: Miscellaneous
- Lesson 26: Network Management
- Lesson 27: Cloud Computing
- Lesson 28: SDN and Network Prgrammability
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Understand network fundamentals
- Implement local area networks
- Implement Internet connectivity
- Manage network device security
- Implement WAN connectivity
- Implement basic IPv6 connectivity
Taking ICND1 v3 - Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 1 will assist in gaining the required skill sets to successfully take ICND2 v3.
Click below to see more class dates with course versions
See More Dates