Fortinet NSE 5 Bundle
- Duration: 3 days
- Price: $2,625.00
- Test Level: 500
- Certifications: NSE5
- Exams: NSE5
In this 3-day NSE 5 Bundle, you will learn the fundamentals of using FortiManager for centralized network administration of many FortiGate devices. Example use cases include large enterprise and carrier networks. You will explore various deployment strategies which include single or multiple ADOMs, policy packages, shared objects, and provisioning FortiManager as a local FortiGuard Distribution Server for your managed firewalls.
You will also learn how to use FortiAnalyzer. You will explore setup, registering supported devices and securing communications, managing logs and archives, and configuring both predefined and customized reports. This provides a solid understanding of how to integrate FortiAnalyzer into your network awareness infrastructure.
These courses are part of preparation for the NSE 5 certification exam.
This course is intended for anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of many FortiGate devices via the FortiManager platform and FortiAnalyzer appliance.
After completing these modules, you will be able to:
- Describe capabilities of FortiManager
- Add FortiGate devices to Device Manager and import their running configuration
- Use provisioning templates and scripts for device-level changes across many devices
- Identify the synchronization states
- Manage the revision history of managed devices
- Offer a local FortiGuard Distribution Server to your Fortinet devices
- Deploy administrative domains (ADOMs) to support multiple customers on a single FortiManager
- Manage firewall policies across multiple FortiGate devices using policy packages with shared and dynamic objects
- Deploy policies and objects from the global ADOM to multiple ADOMs
- Explain high availability, backup, and recovery options for FortiManager
- Compare methods for centrally managing IPsec VPNs
- Explain the restricted "admin" profile and API high-level usage
- Use workspaces and workflow mode
- Identify steps to replace a managed FortiGate device
- Manage FortiGate devices' firmware centrally
- Describe key features and concepts of FortiAnalyzer
- Deploy an appropriate architecture
- Manage ADOMs on both FortiAnalyzer and the devices that log to it
- Configure RAID
- Register supported devices
- Encrypt log transmission (SSL / IPSec)
- View & analyze current and historical logs (FortiView)
- Monitor events
- Apply disk quotas to log data from devices
- Backup, restore, and forward log data
- Use content archiving (summary and full)
- Understand the different stages of data processing, from receiving logs to compiling reports
- Understand SQL queries and datasets used by FortiAnalyzer reports
- Design datasets, charts, and custom reports
- Generate reports by schedule or on demand
- Introduction to FortiManager
- System Settings
- Device Manager
- Policy and Objects
- Introduction to FortiAnalyzer
- Configuration & Administration
- Device Registration
- Logs and Archives
Knowledge of firewalling concepts in an IPv4 network.
Familiarity with all topics in FortiGate I and FortiGate II.
Basic understanding of network management systems.
Knowledge of the SQL 'select' syntax is helpful.
- High-speed Internet connection
- Up-to-date web browser
- PDF viewer
- Speakers / headphones
- Either: HTML 5 support or Up-to-date Java runtime environment (JRE) with Java plugin enabled in your web browser
- Wired Ethernet connection (not Wi-Fi) recommended. Firewalls including Windows Firewall or FortiClient must allow connections with the online labs.