- Duration: 2 days
- Price: $1,750.00
- Test Level: 500
- Certifications: NSE5
- Exams: NSE5
In this 2-day class, you will learn the fundamentals of using FortiManager for centralized network administration of many FortiGate devices. Example use cases include large enterprise and carrier networks. You will explore various deployment strategies which include single or multiple ADOMs, policy packages, shared objects, and provisioning FortiManager as a local FortiGuard Distribution Server for your managed firewalls.
This course is part of preparation for the NSE 5 certification exam. Both FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer are required in order to test for and achieve the NSE 5 certification.
This course is intended for anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of many FortiGate devices via the FortiManager platform.
After completing these modules, you will be able to:
- Describe capabilities of FortiManager
- Add FortiGate devices to Device Manager and import their running configuration
- Use provisioning templates and scripts for device-level changes across many devices
- Identify the synchronization states
- Manage the revision history of managed devices
- Offer a local FortiGuard Distribution Server to your Fortinet devices
- Deploy administrative domains (ADOMs) to support multiple customers on a single FortiManager
- Manage firewall policies across multiple FortiGate devices using policy packages with shared and dynamic objects
- Deploy policies and objects from the global ADOM to multiple ADOMs
- Explain high availability, backup, and recovery options for FortiManager
- Compare methods for centrally managing IPsec VPNs
- Explain the restricted "admin" profile and API high-level usage
- Use workspaces and workflow mode
- Identify steps to replace a managed FortiGate device
- Manage FortiGate devices' firmware centrally
Module1 - Introduction and Initial Configuration
Module2 - Administration and Management
Module3 - Device Registration
Module4 - Device Level Configuration and Installation
Module5 - Policy and Objects
Module6 - Manager Panes
Module7 - Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Module8 - Advanced Configuration
Knowledge of firewalling concepts in an IPv4 network.
Familiarity with all topics in FortiGate I and FortiGate II.
Basic understanding of network management systems.
You must have a computer with:
- High-speed Internet connection
- Up-to-date web browser
- PDF viewer
- Speakers / headphones
- Either: HTML 5 support or Up-to-date Java runtime environment (JRE) with Java plugin enabled in your web browser
- Wired Ethernet connection (not Wi-Fi) recommended. Firewalls including Windows Firewall or FortiClient must allow connections with the online labs.