- Duration: 1 days
- Price: $225.00
- Test Level: 3
This course is taught using Microsoft Office 2016, which covers versions 2013 and 2016, as well as the interface with Office 365.
Your previous experience with Microsoft Excel has given you a solid foundation in working with this software. You can use Excel efficiently and effectively to solve problems for your business. In this course, you will learn about some of the more advanced features of Excel, including automating common tasks, auditing workbooks to avoid errors, sharing your data with other people, analyzing data, and using Excel data in other applications.
Beyond the basic features, Excel offers many advanced features that will help you create better, more accurate workbooks. There are also tools that allow you to share your work with other people.
This course can also be used to prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification Exam. The appendix maps this course to the standards and objectives of this exam. There is also an assessment file to test your knowledge.
This course is intended for a student who has experience working with Excel and would like to learn more about creating macros, working with shared documents, analyzing data, and auditing worksheets.
Lesson 1: Working with Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks Simultaneously
- Use 3-D References
- Use Links and External references
- Consolidate Data
Lesson 2: Sharing and Protecting Workbooks
- Collaborate on a Workbook
- Protect Worksheets and Workbpooks
Lesson 3: Automating Worksheet Functionality
- Apply Data Validation
- Work with Forms and Controls
- Work with Macros
** Lesson 4: Applying Conditional Logic
- Use Lookup Functions
- Combine Functions
- Use Formulas and Functions to Apply Conditional Formatting
Lesson 5: Auditing Worksheets
- Trace Cells
- Search for Invalid Data and Formulas with Errors
- Watch and Evaluate Formulas
Lesson 6: Using Automated Analysis Tools
- Determine Potential Outcomes Using Data Tables
- Determine Potential Outcomes Using Scenarios
- Use the Goal Seek Function
- Activate and Use the Solver Tool
- Analyze Data with Analysis ToolPak Tools
Lesson 7: Presenting Your Data Visually
- Use Advanced Chart Features
- Create Sparklines
To ensure your success, you will need to have a comfort level with the basic skills of Excel like entering data, working with data, using functions, and working with formulas. To meet this prerequisite, you can take any one or more of the following Logical Operations courses:
- Microsoft Office Excel: Part 1
- Microsoft Office Excel: Part 2