- Duration: 1 days
- Price: $225.00
- Test Level: 2
This course is taught using Microsoft Office 2016, which covers versions 2013 and 2016, as well as the interface with Office 365.
This course builds upon the foundational Microsoft Office Excel knowledge and skills you've already acquired and sets you on the road to creating advanced workbooks and worksheets that will deepen your firm's business intelligence.
You’ll learn more about Excel, such as how to create advanced formulas and organize your data into tables. You'll discover the power of PivotTables and PivotCharts and how slicers can make data filtering as easy as clicking a few buttons.
At its heart, this course is about one simple idea: asking your data questions and using Excel to find the answers.
This course is designed for individuals who already have foundational knowledge and skills in Excel and are ready to advance their data analysis skills and abilities through the application of advanced Excel functionality such as advanced formula creation, tables, charts, PivotTables and PivotCharts.
Lesson 1: Working with Functions
- Work with Ranges
- Use Specialized Functions
- Work with Logical Functions
- Work with Time and Date Functions
- Work with Text Functions
Lesson 2: Working with Lists
- Sort Data
- Filter Data
- Query Data with Database Functions
- Outline and Subtotal Data
Lesson 3: Analyzing Data
- Create and Modify Tables
- Apply Intermediate Conditional Formatting
- Apply Advanced Conditional Formatting
Lesson 4: Visualizing Data with Charts
- Create Charts
- Modify and Format Charts
- Use Advanced Chart Features
Lesson 6: Using PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Create a PivotTable
- Analyze PivotTable Data
- Present Data with PivotCharts
- Filter Data by Using Timelines and Slicers
Prior to taking this course, you should have taken:
- Microsoft Office Excel Part 1.
If you believe that you have a level of knowledge that will permit you to bypass Excel - Part 1, you will need to take the Excel Pre-test to determine your level of readiness. Because of the amount of material taught in Excel - Part 2, it is not possible to spend time reteaching concepts from Part 1.
- The pre-test may be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com
- The pre-test must be completed no later than two work weeks prior to the first day of class.