Effective Business Writing
- Duration: 1 days
- Price: $325.00
- Test Level: 0
Though businesses increasingly rely on technology, technological skills alone do not guarantee success in the workplace. You must still develop your ideas, express them clearly, and persuade others of their viability. This course offers effective strategies to sharpen your writing skills by structuring your ideas logically, exercising diplomacy in letters and reports, and shaping your arguments. You will organize and write effective business documents.
This course is for individuals who need to write clearly and concisely in a professional environment.
Upon Course Completionadd_circle_outline
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- organize and write clear and concise email and instant messages that are appropriate to your company's business culture.
- write effective business communications.
- write letters that are clear, precise, and appropriate to your audience.
- organize and write a business proposal, complete with visuals, and an executive summary that employ effective strategies of persuasion.
Lesson 1: Writing Email and Other Electronic Communication
- Organize Your Materials
- Write an Email
- Write Instant Messages
Lesson 2: Writing Effective Business Communication
- Analyze Your Audience
- Write an Internal Announcement
- Write an Email Responding to Routine Requests
- Write an Email to Respond Positively to Customer Complaints
- Write Bad-News Messages
Lesson 3: Writing a Business Letter
- Write a Business Letter
- Write a Thank-You Letter
Lesson 4: Writing Business Proposals
- Persuade Your Audience
- Write an Executive Summary
- Use Visuals
To ensure your success, we recommend you first take the following Element K course or have equivalent knowledge:
- Grammar Essentials
- Microsoft Office Word 2003
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Step by Step
Click below to see more class dates with course versions
See More Dates