CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) Certification
- Duration: 5 days
- Price: $2,895.00
- Test Level: 100
- Certifications: CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner
- Exams: cas-001
You will examine advanced security concepts, principles, and implementations that pertain to enterprise-level security.
This course is targeted toward an IT professional that has the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualize, design, and engineer secure solutions across complex enterprise environments. Students aspiring to CASP certification should have a minimum of 10 years’ experience including at least five years of hands-on technical security experience.
Upon Course Completionadd_circle_outline
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify enterprise security fundamentals.
- apply enterprise security technology solutions.
- identify enterprise resource technologies and the potential security implications for these resources.
- design security solutions.
- identify application security design issues such as best practices for development and testing as well as threat mitigation techniques.
- manage risk, security policies, and security procedures within an enterprise.
- integrate security solutions within an enterprise.
- conduct security research and analysis.
Lesson 1: The Enterprise Security Architecture
- The Basics of Enterprise Security
- The Enterprise Structure
- Enterprise Security Requirements
Lesson 2: Enterprise Security Technology
- Common Network Security Components and Technologies
- Communications and Collaboration Security
- Cryptographic Tools and Techniques
- Advanced Authentication
Lesson 3: Enterprise Resource Technology
- Enterprise Storage Security Issues
- Distributed, Shared, and Virtualized Computing
- Cloud Computing and Security
Lesson 4: Security Design and Solutions
- Network Security Design
- Conduct a Security Assessment
- Host Security
Lesson 5: Application Security Design
- Application Security Basics
- Web Application Security
Lesson 6: Managing Risk, Security Policies, and Security Procedures
- Analyze Security Risk
- Implement Risk Mitigation Strategies and Controls
- Implement Enterprise-Level Security Policies and Procedures
- Prepare for Incident Response and Recovery
Lesson 7: Enterprise Security Integration
- The Technology Life Cycle
- Inter-Organizational Change
- Integrate Enterprise Disciplines to Achieve Secure Solutions
Lesson 8: Security Research and Analysis
- Perform an Industry Trends and Impact Analysis
- Perform an Enterprise Security Analysis
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to the CompTIA® Advanced Security Practitioner (Exam CAS-001) Objectives
Appendix B: CompTIA Acronyms
Appendix C: Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
Appendix D: Managing Risk in Projects
Appendix E: Legal lssues
Appendix F: Judgment and Decision-Making
While there are no strict prerequisites, CompTIA intends the CASP certification to serve as an add-on to the CompTIA® Security+® certification, or equivalent technical experience. Recommended courses (or the equivalent certifications):
- CompTIA® Security+® is strongly recommended.
- CompTIA® A+® Certification: A Comprehensive Approach for All 2009 Exam Objectives (Windows 7) and CompTIA® Network+® will also be helpful.
Click below to see more class dates with course versions
See More Dates