Advanced Junos Security - JNCIP-SEC Certification Course
- Duration: 5 days
- Price: $4,750.00
- Test Level: 1
- Exams: JN0-634
This five-day course, which is designed to build off of the current Junos Security (JSEC) offering, delves deeperinto Junos security. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, you will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the advanced Junos OS security features with advanced coverage of virtualization, AppSecure, advanced Network Address Translation (NAT) deployments, Layer 2 security, and Sky ATP. This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component.
Advanced Junos Security (AJSEC) is an advanced-level course.
This course benefits individuals responsible for implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting Junos security components.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts covered in the prerequisite Junos Security course.
- Describe the various forms of security supported by the Junos OS.
- Implement features of the AppSecure suite, including AppID, AppFW, AppTrack, AppQoS, and SSL Proxy.
- Configure custom application signatures.
- Describe Junos security handling at Layer 2 versus Layer 3.
- Implement next generation Layer 2 security features.
- Demonstrate understanding of Logical Systems (LSYS).
- Use Junos debugging tools to analyze traffic flows and identify traffic processing patterns and problems.
- Describe Junos routing instance types used for virtualization.
- Implement virtual routing instances in a security setting.
- Describe and configure route sharing between routing instances using logical tunnel interfaces.
- Utilize Junos tools for troubleshooting Junos security implementations.
- Perform successful troubleshooting of some common Junos security issues.
- Describe and discuss Sky ATP and its function in the network.
- Describe and configure UTM functions.
- Discuss IPS and its function in the network.
- Implement IPS policy.
- Describe and implement SDSN in a network.
- Describe and implement user role firewall in a network.
- Demonstrate the understanding of integrated user firewall.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Junos Layer 2 Packet Handling and Security Features
- Transparent Mode Security Operations
- Secure Wire
- Layer 2 Next Generation Ethernet Switching
- Lab 1: Implementing Layer 2 Security
Chapter 3: Virtualization
- Virtualization Overview
- Routing Instances
- Logical Systems
- Filter-based Forwarding
- Think About it
- Lab 2: Implementing Junos Virtual Routing
Chapter 4: AppSecure Theory
- AppSecure Overview
- AppID Overview
- AppID Techniques
- Next-Generation Application Identification
- Installing the Application Signature Database
- Custom Application Signatures
- Application System Cache
Chapter 5: AppSecure Implementation
- AppSecure Modules Review
- AppFW and Security Director
- Lab 3: Implementing AppSecure
Chapter 6: SkyATP Concepts and Setup
- SkyATP Overview
- SkyATP Features
- SkyATP Setup
- SkyATP Enrollment Troubleshooting
Chapter 7: SkyATP Implementation
- Configuring the SkyATP using the Web UI
- Configuring SkyATP with Security Director
- Monitoring Infected Hosts
- Infected Host Case Study
- //Lab 4: Implementing SkyATP with Security Director
Chapter 8: SDSN with Policy Enforcer
- Policy Enforcer Overview
- Configuring Policy Enforcer and SDSN
- Configuring Threat Prevention Policies
- Infected Host Case Study
- Lab 5: Implementing SDSN with Policy Enforcer
Chapter 9: Implementing UTM
- UTM Overview
- Content Filtering
- Web Filtering
- Lab 6: Implementing UTM
Chapter 10: Introduction to Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Introduction to Junos IPS
- IPS Policy Components and Configuration
- Signature Database
- Case Study: Applying the Recommended IPS Policy
- Monitoring IPS Operation
Chapter 11: IPS Policy and Configuration
- Rulebase Operations
- IPS Rules
- Terminal Rules
- IP Actions--Security Director
- Lab 7: Configuring IPS Rulebases
Chapter 12: SSL Proxy
- SSL Proxy Overview
- Client-Protection SSL Proxy
- Server-Protection SSL Proxy
- SSL Proxy Case Study
Chapter 13: User Authentication
- Firewall User Authentication Review
- User Firewall Review
- Configuring Integrated User Firewall
- Monitoring Integrated Firewall
- Integrated User Firewall Case Study
- Lab 8: Implementing Integrated User Firewall
Chapter 14: Monitoring and Reporting
- Log Director Overview, Installation, and Administration
- Log Events
- Case Study: Using Event Logs
- Alerts and Reports
- Lab 9: Implementing Log Director
Appendix A: SRX Series Hardware and Interfaces
- Branch SRX Platform Overview
- Mid-Range SRX Platform Overview
- High End SRX Platform Overview
- SRX Traffic Flow and Distribution
- SRX Interfaces
Appendix B: Virtual SRX
- Virtualization Overview
- Network Virtualization and SDN
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN) Overview
- Overview of the Virtual SRX
- Virtual SRX Chassis Clustering
- Deployment Scenarios
- Enterprise Private Cloud Use Case
- Integration with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Students should have a strong level of TCP/IP networking and security knowledge. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) and Junos Security (JSEC) courses prior to attending this class.