- Duration 5 days
- Price $2,595
- Test Level 200
This five-day course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to plan and administer a Microsoft SharePoint 2016 environment. The course teaches you how to deploy, administer, and troubleshoot your SharePoint environment. This course also provides guidelines, best practices, and considerations that help you optimize your SharePoint deployment. This is the first in a sequence of two courses for IT professionals and is aligned with the SharePoint 2016 IT Pro certification.
The course is targeted at experienced IT professionals who are interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy, and manage SharePoint 2016 installations either in a data center or in the cloud.
Students typically have more than one year of hands-on experience* with planning and maintaining SharePoint and two years’ experience with other core technologies on which SharePoint depends, including Windows Server 2012 R2 or later, Internet Information Services (IIS), Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or later, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), and networking infrastructure services.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the key features of SharePoint 2016.
- Design an information architecture for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Design a logical architecture for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Design the physical architecture for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Install and configure SharePoint 2016.
- Create and configure web applications and site collections.
- Plan and configure service applications for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Manage users and permissions, and secure content in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Configure authentication in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Configure platform and farm-level security in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Manage information taxonomy in SharePoint web applications and site collections.
- Configure and manage user profiles and audiences.
- Configure and manage the search experience in SharePoint 2016.
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
Module 1: Introducing SharePoint 2016
This module describes the structure and capabilities environment, and the major changes for IT professionals in SharePoint 2016. This module also describes deploying SharePoint 2016.
- Key components of a SharePoint deployment
- New features in SharePoint 2016
- SharePoint 2016 deployment options
Module 2: Designing an information architecture
This module describes how to gather business requirements, elements of a successful information architecture project. This module also explains how to structure information SharePoint 2016 deployment and make it easy to find and retrieve.
- Identifying business requirements
- Understanding business requirements
- Organizing information in SharePoint 2016
- Planning for discoverability
- Lab : Designing an information architecture - Part one
- Lab : Creating an information architecture - Part two
Module 3: Designing a logical architecture
This module explains how to approach a logical architecture document it.
- Overview of the SharePoint 2016 logical architecture
- Documenting your logical architecture
- Lab : Designing a logical architecture
Module 4: Designing a physical architecture
This module describes the physical design requirements for physical components necessary to fulfill the physical architecture design. It also explains the SharePoint describes how to map a logical architecture design to a physical architecture design.
- Designing physical components for SharePoint deployments
- Designing supporting components for SharePoint deployments
- SharePoint farm topologies *Mapping a logical architecture design to a physical architecture design
- Lab : Designing a physical architecture
Module 5: Installing and configuring SharePoint 2016
This module explains how to install SharePoint 2016 script the installation, and configure a SharePoint 2016 environment. This module also explains how to configure level settings in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Installing SharePoint 2016
- Scripting installation and configuration of SharePoint
- Configuring SharePoint 2016 farm settings
- Lab : Deploying and configuring SharePoint 2016 – Part one
- Lab : Deploying and configuring SharePoint 2016 – Part two
Module 6: Creating web applications and site collections
This module explains how to create web applications and how to configure these applications. It also explains how to create and configure site collections in SharePoint SharePoint Online.
- Creating web applications
- Configuring web applications
- Creating and configuring site collections
- Lab : Creating and configuring web applications
- Lab : Creating and configuring site collections
Module 7: Planning and configuring service applications
This module describes the service application architecture 2016, and how to provision and manage service applications.
- Introduction to the service application architecture
- Creating and configuring service applications
- Lab : Planning and configuring service applications
Module 8: Managing users and permissions, and securing content
This module explains how to configure SharePoint 2016. It also explains how to configure site collection security in SharePoint 2016.
- Configuring authorization in SharePoint 2016
- Managing access to content Lab : Managing users and groups
- Creating a web-application policy
- Creating and managing SharePoint groups
- Creating custom permission levels
- Lab : Securing content in SharePoint sites
Module 9: Configuring authentication for SharePoint 2016
This module explains about the SharePoint 2016 infrastructure, and how to configure claims, providers, and identity federation for SharePoint 2016. It also configure server-to-server authentication for SharePoint 2016.
- Overview of authentication
- Configuring federated authentication
- Configuring server-to-server authentication
- Lab : Extend your SharePoint 2016 to support Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
Module 10: Securing a SharePoint 2016 deployment
This module explains how to secure a SharePoint 2016 platform level, and how to configure farm-level security settings for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Securing the platform
- Configuring farm-level security
- Lab : Securing a SharePoint 2016 deployment
Module 11: Managing taxonomy
This module explains how to create and manage content types and content-Additionally, it explains how to implement managed metadata in SharePoint web applications and site collections. how to configure the managed metadata service application in SharePoint 2016.
- Managing content types
- Understanding managed metadata
- Configuring the managed metadata service
- Lab : Configuring content-type propagation
- Lab : Configuring and using the managed metadata service
Module 12: Configuring user profiles
This module explains how to configure the User Profile service application, manage user profiles and audiences.
- Configuring the User Profile Service Application
- Managing user profiles and audiences
- Lab : Configuring user profiles
- Lab : Configuring My Sites and audiences
Module 13: Configuring Enterprise Search
This module describes the Search Service Application and explains Search service in SharePoint 2016. It also explains how to manage the search experience in SharePoint 2016.
- Understanding the Search Service Application architecture
- Configuring Enterprise Search
- Managing Enterprise Search
- Lab : Configuring Enterprise Search
- Lab : Optimizing the search experience
Module 14: Monitoring and maintaining a SharePoint 2016 environment
This module explains how to implement plan for SharePoint 2016, and how to optimize the performance of a SharePoint 2016 deployment. It also includes monitoring and configuring SharePoint caching. Further, it explains how to identify and resolve problems in a SharePoint environment.
- Monitoring a SharePoint 2016 environment
- Tuning and optimizing a SharePoint 2016 environment
- Planning and configuring caching
- Troubleshooting a SharePoint 2016 environment
- Lab : Monitoring a SharePoint 2016 deployment
- Lab : Investigating page load times
Before attending this course, students must have knowledge of:
- Software management in a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 enterprise server environment.
- Deploying and managing applications natively, virtually, and in the cloud.
- Administering IIS.
- Configuring AD DS for use in authentication, authorization, and as a user store.
- Managing an application remotely by using Windows PowerShell 4.0.
- Managing databases and server roles in SQL Server.
- Connecting applications to SQL Server.
- Implementing claims-based security.
- Using Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines.
An ideal candidate for this course must have at least one year of experience with deploying and administering multiple SharePoint 2013 farms across a large enterprise. Because many customers have not upgraded from SharePoint 2010, a candidate can also have at least two years of experience with SharePoint 2010. However, they also must understand the differences between SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013, particularly in terms of hybridization.
Click below to see more class dates with course versions
See More Dates