This ILT Series course builds on the concepts and skills taught in Visio 2010: Basic. Students will learn how to work with layers, create custom shapes, themes, stencils and templates, and create business and project management diagrams. They will also learn how to integrate Visio with other Office programs, and create software and database diagrams.
This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of the basic workflow and the concept of end-to-end flowcharting.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- create a custom shape.
- design a custom stencil.
- design styles and templates.
- design a floor plan.
- represent external data in Visio.
- share your work.
Unit 1: Creating technical layouts
- Drawing scales
- Displaying shape dimensions
Unit 2: Custom themes and templates
- Custom themes
- Custom templates
Unit 3: Custom shapes and stencils
- Special drawing operations
- Shape behaviors
- Custom stencils
Unit 4: Business diagrams and Web site mapping
- Block, tree, and onion diagrams
- Organization charts
- Project management diagrams
- Web site maps
Unit 5: Integrating Visio with other programs
- Integration with Microsoft Word
- Integration with PowerPoint
- Integration with Microsoft Outlook
- Working with Web-enabling features
Unit 6: Software and database diagrams
- Documenting software systems
- Database model diagrams
To ensure your success, it is recommended that you take the following Element K course: Microsoft® Visio® 2010: Level 1