You will work with the new and updated features of Microsoft Office 2010.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Office 2010
- Customize the User Interface
- Work with Contextual Tabs
- Save Files
- Print Files
Lesson 2: Modifying Documents Using Microsoft Office Word 2010
- Use the Navigation Pane
- Apply Text Styles
- Work with SmartArt Graphics
- Insert Screenshots in a Document
- Compare Reviewed Documents
Lesson 3: Working with Spreadsheets Using Microsoft Office Excel 2010
- Work with Tables in Excel 2010
- Apply Conditional Formatting
- Apply a Formula
- Work with Charts
- Create Sparklines
- Work with PivotTables and PivotCharts
Lesson 4: Creating Dynamic Presentations Using Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
- Apply Themes
- Apply Picture Effects to Presentations
- Applying Animation Effects
- Add Videos to a Presentation
- Divide a Presentation into Sections
Lesson 5: Working with Databases Using Microsoft Office Access 2010
- Work with Tables
- Work with Forms
- Work with Macros
- Work with Reports
- Work with External Data
- Designing a Database for the Web
Lesson 6: Managing Tasks with Microsoft Office Outlook 2010
- Manage Mail Messages
- Locate Information Quickly
- Share Calendar Information
- Share Information by Using an Electronic Business Card
- Add RSS Feeds Through Outlook 2010
Lesson 7: Sharing Microsoft Office 2010 Files
- Protect Files
- Share Files Using Office Web Apps
Users with prior experience of previous versions of the Microsoft Office suite, who are looking to transition to 2010 and want to know what the new features of Office 2010 are.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the features that are common to all applications in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Modify documents using Microsoft Office Word 2010.
- Present spreadsheet data using Microsoft Office Excel 2010.
- Create Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 presentations.
- Work with databases using Access 2010.
- Manage tasks using the new features in Microsoft Office Outlook 2010.
- Share files in Microsoft Office 2010.
To be successful in this course, you should be familiar with prior versions of the Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, PPT, Word, Access, and Outlook).To ensure your success, we recommend you first take one of Element K''s Level 1 courses, such as either of the following, or have equivalent skills and knowledge:
- Microsoft Office Excel 2003: Level 1
- Microsoft Office Word 2003: Level 1
- Microsoft Office Access 2003: Level 1
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003: Level 1
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003: Level 1