About this Course
Students should take this ILT Series course if their goal is to become
more proficient in using Windows 7. Students will learn how to
configure user accounts, work with devices and printers, manage and
protect important files, maintain and restore their computers,
troubleshoot applications, share and access network resources, and
configure power-saving plans and security settings.
This course is intended for intermediate level information workers who want to learn more advanced Windows 7 skills.
At Course Completion
- After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Apply a standard theme.
- Modify a theme.
- Implement a screen saver.
- Display more or less information.
- Modify the Start menu and the taskbar.
- Manage the date and time display.
- Change the computer name.
- Configure power options.
- Explore Windows 7 programs.
- Use and modify desktop gadgets.
- Explore Windows Live programs and services.
- Install and remove programs.
- Start programs automatically.
- Specify default programs.
- Install peripheral devices.
- Share a local printer.
- Connect to a remote printer.
- Display your desktop on multiple screens.
- Set up sound devices.
- Change the way your mouse and keyboard work.
- Rate your computer’s hardware.
- Locate device information.
Unit 1: User accounts
- Topic A: Account management
- Topic B: Password management
Unit 2: Devices and printers
- Topic A: Devices
- Topic B: Printers
Unit 3: File management and protection
- Topic A: File and folder management
- Topic B: File protection
Unit 4: Programs and utilities
- Topic A: Disk maintenance
- Topic B: System Restore
- Topic C: Troubleshooting
Unit 5: Networks and mobile computing
- Topic A: Networks
- Topic B: File and printer sharing
- Topic C: Offline files
- Topic D: Remote Assistance
- Topic E: Power settings and plans
Unit 6: Security
- Topic A: User Account Control
- Topic B: Windows Firewall
- Topic C: Windows Update
- Topic D: Malware protection
- Topic E: Internet Explorer security and privacy
Before attending this course, students must have:
Basic knowledge of how to navigate in the Windows 7 user interface.
Understanding of user accounts and networking concepts.
Knowledge of how to move around the Windows 7 folder hierarchy and manage folders and files.