This 4 day course builds the practical skills necessary to install, configure, optimize and support Force10 E-Series, C-Series and S-Series switch/routers in homogeneous and non-homogeneous networks. The architecture and operation class is an intermediate-level class assuring efficiency and success in configuration, operation, and troubleshooting. In addition, this course provides a review of common protocols, including MSTP, OSPF, BGP, and Quality of Service (QoS).
The course combines both lecture and labs, with significant time allocated for hands-on experience in the lab.
Dell offers this course exclusively, the information posted here suuports the Dell learning initiatives. To register for this course, go to learn.dell.com
The goal of this course is to provide an understanding of:
- General Force10 Product Architectures
- Force 10 Operating System (FTOS) concepts and navigation
- System Installation and Initial Configuration
- Basic configuration steps for various Protocols/Features
- Basic troubleshooting steps related to configuration tasks
Upon completion of the class, students will be able to:
- Define Force10 products, architecture and Force10 Operating System (FTOS) and software release and features
- Identify the Force10 CLI, its structure and core commands
- Be able to configure the following for basic operations
- Spanning Tree protocols
- Access Control Lists
Network engineers, technical support personnel and others responsible for implementing and/or maintaining the Force10 Networks products and features covered in this course.
This course benefits individuals responsible for implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting Force10 S, C and E-Series products.
Attendees of all technical education courses will benefit by having a solid understanding of the following topics:
- LAN/WAN concepts and topologies
- TCP/IP Concepts
- 802.1d Bridging and Spanning Tree
- 802.1q VLANs
- Operational characteristics of common protocols including RIPv3, OSPFv2, BGP4+
All courses are available as open-enrollment Classroom events, instructor-led Live Virtual Classes, REAL-ILT™ or as custom Onsite Training for up to 12 students.