IMPS v1.0 is a five-day instructor-led technical course providing in-depth coverage of how to install and configure the functional components of the Cisco MeetingPlace v7.0 product in several deployment models in an enterprise customer network. Learners become familiar with the inter-communication of key system components, system installation and configuration, troubleshooting, monitoring and debugging. Knowledge is reinforced by hand-on labs.
To provide learners with skills and resources required to successfully install, troubleshoot, monitor, and maintain a comprehensive Cisco MeetingPlace solution in a customer enterprise environment and to transfer appropriate learning to end users of the conferencing solution.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify system components and client information required to successfully implement a comprehensive MeetingPlace solution.
- Verify successful operation of a MeetingPlace Media Server after performing an installation or upgrade.
- Successfully implement a MeetingPlace Control Server including required interactions with customer SIP, email and directory services.
- Successfully implement and maintain a MeetingPlace Web Conferencing solution for internal and external access.
- Identify user interfaces and procedures required to perform MeetingPlace administration and maintenance tasks and to configure specific integrations.
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- An individual who is a Channel Field Engineer, Cisco Network Consulting Engineer, a new UC Partner, or a Customer Network Engineerr
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
- An individual who is a Customer Network Manager
Module 1: Understanding MeetingPlace Architecture and Hardware
- Understanding the MeetingPlace Solution
- Gathering Customer Information
- Implementing MeetingPlace Convergence Servers
Module 2: Implementing and Upgrading a MeetingPlace Media Server
- Understanding Media Server Components and Operations
- Installing and Configuring a Media Server
- Upgrading Media Server Hardware and Software
- Troubleshooting a Media Server
Module 3: Implementing a MeetingPlace Control Server
- Installing and configuring a Control Server
- Configuring a SIP Gateway
- Configuring Outlook and SMTP Integration
- Configuring LDAP Integration
- Configuring Video Integration and Administration
- Implementing Localization
Module 4: Implementing MeetingPlace Web Conferencing
- Understanding MeetingPlace Web Conferencing
- Implementing MeetingPlace Web Conferencing
- Using the MeetingPlace Web User Interface
- Providing External Access to MeetingPlace Web Conferencing
- Upgrading or Uninstalling a Functioning MeetingPlace Web Conferencing Installation
Module 5: MeetingPlace Integrations, Administration, and Maintenance
- Integrating Lotus Notes, Jabber and MOC
- Configuring PhoneView
- Using MeetingManager
- Backing-Up the Control Server Database
- Implementing a Highly Available Conferencing Solution
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting a Conferencing Solution
- Locating Documentation and Training Resources
- Lab 2-1: Installing and Configuring a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Application Server
- Lab 2-2: Configuring SIP Gateway and Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Lab 2-3: Configuring Outlook Front-End Integration
- Lab 2-4: Configuring Cisco Unified Communications Manager LDAP Integration
- Lab 3-1: Implementing a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Media Server
- Lab 4-1: Installing and Configuring Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing
- Lab 4-2: Configuring Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web
- Lab 4-3: Installing and Configuring External Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web
- Lab 4-4: Configuring WebEx Integration
- Lab 5-1: Installing and Using Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Conference Manager
- Lab 5-2: Configuring Backup Application Server
- Lab 5-3: Configuring and Testing Application Server Failover
Attendees should have the following skills:
- Working knowledge of converged voice and data networks.
- Working knowledge of SIP, MGCP, and H.323 protocols and their implementation on Cisco IOS gateways.
- Working knowledge of video basics (suggested training -- Implementing Cisco IP Video Conference Rich Media Communications (ICRMC).
- Ability to configure and operate Cisco Unified Communication Manager (suggested training -- Implementing Cisco Unified Communication Manager Part 1 (CIPT1).