Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 2 (CIPT2) v8.0 prepares you for implementing Cisco Unified Communications solution in a multisite environment. It covers globalized call routing, Cisco Service Advertisement Framework (SAF) and Call Control Discovery (CCD), tail-end hop-off (TEHO), Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST), and mobility features such as Cisco Device Mobility and Cisco Extension Mobility. You will apply a dial plan for a multisite environment including TEHO, configure survivability for remote sites during WAN failure and implement solutions to reduce bandwidth requirements in the IP WAN. You will also enable Call Admission Control (CAC) including Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Preconditions and automated alternate routing (AAR).
The course is used in these certifications, specializations, curricula, and learning maps:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP®) Voice
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1: Multisite Deployment Implementation
Describe multisite deployment issues and solutions, and describe and configure required dial plan elements.
Lesson 1: Identifying Issues in a Multisite Deployment
This lesson defines issues pertaining to multisite deployment and relates the issues to multisite connection options.
- Multisite Deployment Issues Overview
- Quality Issues
- Bandwidth Issues
- Availability Issues
- Dial Plan Issues
- NAT and Security Issues
Lesson 2: Identifying Multisite Deployment Solutions
This lesson defines solutions for multisite deployment issues.
- Multisite Deployment Solution Overview
- Solutions to Bandwidth Limitations
- Dial Plan Solutions
- NAT and Security Solutions
Lesson 3: Implementing Multisite Connections
This lesson defines how to configure gateways and trunks in multisite environments. Upon completing this lesson, the learner will be able to meet these objectives:
- Multisite Connection Options
- MGCP Gateway Implementation Review
- H.323 Gateway Implementation Review
- Trunk Implementation Overview
- SIP Trunk Implementation
- Intercluster and H.225 Trunk Implementation
Lesson 4: Implementing a Dial Plan for International Multisite Deployments
This lesson defines how to implement a dial plan to support inbound and outbound PSTN dialing, site-code dialing, and TEHO in an international environment.
- Multisite Dial Plan Overview
- Implementing Site Codes for On-Net Calls
- Implementing PSTN Access in Cisco IOS Gateways
- Implementing Selective PSTN Breakout in Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Implementing PSTN Backup for On-Net Intersite Calls
- Implementing Tail-End Hop-Off
- Globalized Call Routing
- Globalized Call-Routing Considerations
Module 2: Centralized Call-Processing Redundancy Implementation
Implement call-processing resiliency in remote sites by using Cisco Unified SRST, MGCP fallback, and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express in Cisco Unified SRST mode.
Lesson 1: Examining Remote Site Redundancy Options
This lesson defines the mechanisms for providing call survivability and device failover in remote sites, including the functions, operation, and limitations of each mechanism. Upon completing this lesson, the learner will be able to meet these objectives:
- Remote Site Redundancy Overview
- Cisco Unified SRST Operation
- MGCP Fallback Operation
- Cisco Unified SRST Versions and Feature Support
- Dial Plan Requirements for MGCP Fallback and Cisco Unified SRST Scenarios
Lesson 2: Implementing SRST and MGCP Fallback
This lesson defines how to configure Cisco Unified SRST to provide call survivability for IP phones, and MGCP fallback for gateway survivability.
- MGCP Fallback and Cisco Unified SRST Configuration Overview
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager SRST Configuration
- Cisco IOS Gateway SRST Configuration
- Cisco IOS Gateway MGCP Gateway Fallback Configuration
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Dial Plan Configuration for Cisco Unified SRST Support
Lesson 3: Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express in SRST Mode
This lesson defines how to configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express to provide telephony services to IP phones if the connection to the centralized call agent is lost.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Overview
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Features
- General Configuration of Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
- Configuration of Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express in SRST Mode
Module 3: Bandwidth Management and CAC Implementation
Implement bandwidth management and CAC to prevent oversubscription of the IP WAN.
Lesson 1: Managing Bandwidth
This lesson defines techniques to reduce bandwidth requirements on IP WAN links in Cisco Unified Communications Manager multisite deployments.
- Bandwidth Management Overview
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Codec Configuration
- Local Conference Bridge Implementation
- Transcoder Implementation
- Multicast MOH from Branch Router Flash Implementation
Lesson 2: Implementing CAC
This lesson defines how to configure CAC mechanisms and AAR in Cisco Unified Communications Manager and in gatekeepers.
- CAC Overview
- RSVP-Enabled Locations
- Automated Alternate Routing
- SIP Preconditions
- H.323 Gatekeeper CAC
Module 4: Implementation of Features and Applications for Multisite Deployments
Implement Device Mobility and Cisco Extension Mobility.
Lesson 1: Implementing Device Mobility
This lesson defines how Device Mobility works and how it is implemented.
- Issues with Devices Roaming Between Sites
- Device Mobility Overview
- Device Mobility Configuration Elements
- Device Mobility Operation
- Device Mobility Interaction with Globalized Call Routing
- Device Mobility Configuration