Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) validates apprentice knowledge required to design a Cisco converged network. With a CCDA certification, a network professional demonstrates the skills required to design routed and switched network infrastructures and services involving LAN, WAN, and broadband access for businesses and organizations. The CCDA curriculum includes designing basic campus, data center, security, voice, and wireless networks.
This five-day course will enable learners to gather customer internetworking requirements, identify solutions, and design the network infrastructure and elements to ensure the basic functionality of the proposed solutions. The purpose of this course is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to achieve associate-level competency in network design. Most of the Cisco Design Specializations list having a CCDA certification as one of the prerequsites.
The course includes one free exam voucher.
After completing this course the student should be able to:
- Discuss methodology in network design
- Describe how to structure and modularize the network design using the Cisco Enterprise Architecture
- Design the enterprise campus and enterprise data center modules
- Design the remote connectivity modules as needed
- Design a network addressing plan and select a suitable routing protocol for a given network design
- Evaluate security solutions for the network
- Discuss the design implications of voice transport across the network
- Discuss the design implications of wireless networking
- Describe additional resources that support configuring and implementing the network design
The following courses are highly recommended:
- Either ICND1 & ICND2 or CCNA v2.0
- Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN)
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Individuals seeking the Cisco CCDA® certification
- Individuals seeking the Cisco CCDP® certification
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network and sales engineers who are involved in network design, planning, and implementation
- Case Study 1-1: ACMC Hospital Network Upgrade Information
- Case Study 2-1: ACMC Hospital Network Structure and Modularity
- Case Study 3-1: ACMC Hospital Network Campus Design
- Case Study 4-1: ACMC Hospital Network WAN Design
- Case Study 5-1: ACMC Hospital Network IP Addressing and Routing Protocol Design
- Case Study 6-1: ACMC Hospital Network Security Design
- Case Study 7-1: ACMC Hospital Network Voice Transport Considerations
- Case Study 8-1: ACMC Hospital Network Wireless Networking Considerations
- Case Study 9-1: Connecting More Hospitals to the ACMC Hospital Network
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- CCNA level knowledge and BCMSN level knowledge is needed to prepare for the CCDA certification exam.
- Practical experience with deploying and operating networks based on Cisco network devices and Cisco IOS software, in addition to BCMSN-level knowledge of wireless and QoS topics.
- Strongly recommended: Cisco CCNA® certification