Though businesses increasingly rely on technology, technological skills alone do not guarantee success in the workplace. You must still develop your ideas, express them clearly, and persuade others of their viability. This course offers effective strategies to sharpen your writing skills by structuring your ideas logically, exercising diplomacy in letters and reports, and shaping your arguments. You will organize and write effective business documents.
This course is for individuals who need to write clearly and concisely in a professional environment.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- organize and write clear and concise email and instant messages that are appropriate to your company's business culture.
- write effective business communications.
- write letters that are clear, precise, and appropriate to your audience.
- organize and write a business proposal, complete with visuals, and an executive summary that employ effective strategies of persuasion.
Lesson 1: Writing Email and Other Electronic Communication
- Topic 1A: Organize Your Materials
- Topic 1B: Write an Email
- Topic 1C: Write Instant Messages
Lesson 2: Writing Effective Business Communication
- Topic 2A: Analyze Your Audience
- Topic 2B: Write an Internal Announcement
- Topic 2C: Write an Email Responding to Routine Requests
- Topic 2D: Write an Email to Respond Positively to Customer Complaints
- Topic 2E: Write Bad-News Messages
Lesson 3: Writing a Business Letter
- Topic 3A: Write a Business Letter
- Topic 3B: Write a Thank-You Letter
Lesson 4: Writing Business Proposals
- Topic 4A: Persuade Your Audience
- Topic 4B: Write an Executive Summary
- Topic 4C: Use Visuals
To ensure your success, we recommend you first take the following Element K course or have equivalent knowledge:
- Grammar Essentials
- Microsoft Office Word 2003
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Step by Step